Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for MEAL Global Manager
- Position: MEAL Global Manager (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
- Location: Poland (Warsaw) / Ukraine (Kiev) / Kenya (Nairobi) with frequent travels to PAH missions’ locations
- Contract details: Permanent / Full-time
- Starting date: ASAP
What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization employing people who want to make the world a better place. For over 25 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 49 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Shelter, Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
We are looking for a MEAL Global Manager. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- lead the monitoring, evaluation, accountability processes and assist in the learning within the organization;
- offer technical, programmatic or strategic consultancy and advise in MEAL assignments to the program personnel;
- ensure implementation of high quality MEAL process and ensure delivery of adequate MEAL products from PAH missions;
- raise quality of PAH MEAL deliverables: upgrade the M&E system and tools to serve the current needs and to increase internal accountability and learning;
- support internal learning, capacity building and facilitate quality improvement in selected organizational areas/processes within the department and beyond;
- verify, consult, participate and assist in establishing appropriate M&E structures and division of roles on the missions. Lead the personnel and teams responsible for MEAL processes, manage personnel in tasks related to MEAL processes.
What PAH requires:
- Significant experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in a humanitarian context (minimum 1 year);
- at least 2 years of experience in NGO and humanitarian assistance sector;
- proven experience in training and capacity building;
- strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning and participating in M&E tasks;
- highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- ability to adjust to difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances;
- excellent spoken and written English;
- strong analysis and problem solving skills;
- knowledge of IT software such as Kobo, IformBuilder, SPSS (knowledge of other relevant tools will be an asset);
- University degree.
What PAH offers:
- a full time position with a probationary period of 3 months;
- a challenging, exciting and active job in an organization combining emergency and development work;
- benefits package depending on the country of employment.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please submit your application by filling in the online application form including a short CV (max. 2 pages) and a cover letter in English no later than on November 30th, 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.