Country FSL Program Manager (Kyiv/Dnipro)powrót
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Country FSL Program Manager.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Ukraine;
Position: Country FSL Program Manager
Job terms: Full time
Type of employment: Full time
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Management:
- Overall supervision and successful implementation of the FSL program.
- Coordinate with other sectors and departments to ensure that synergies are in place and meaningful integration of sectors and complementarity of services.
- Evaluate activity progress (implementation plans, action plans, on-track/off-track assessments, etc.) and determine necessary actions to address potential delays and issues.
- Participate in regular grant review meetings to monitor program progress, including indicator tracking and spending, and mitigate any potential under/overspending.
- Design and follow up on the projects’ procurement plans in close coordination with logistics department.
- Ensure all positions are filled, any vacancies are posted, and HR procedures are followed for new hires.
- Draft and finalize relevant reports in collaboration with the Grants Manager; provide program reports that are timely and meet institutional and donor requirements. The FSL Manager is ultimately responsible for all relevant donor reporting for the Programs.
- Represent PAH at relevant stakeholder or coordination meetings, especially cluster meetings, and maintain a positive, continuous, and visible presence.
- In collaboration with the Grants Manager, organize and lead program kick-off meetings, grant review meetings and grant closeout meetings and lead in the development and oversight of the PAH Project Implementation Tool.
- Ensure compliance with Donor and PAH policies and procedures relevant to the program implementation.
- Program Development:
- Keep her/himself informed about the humanitarian needs of populations affected in Ukraine, and regularly share information with the Head of Program.
- participate in the proposal development/budget modification process, in consultation with the Grants Unit.
- In coordination with the MEAL team, ensure a high-quality implementation and documentation of results and impact, including lessons learned, for FSL programing.
- Contribute to the development of SOPs (program and operational), and ensure they are implemented in line with PAH and donor procedures
- Identify gaps and adjust programing to ensure PAH is meeting targets and being responsive to new FSL needs in the area.
- in coordination with the partnership department, develop and maintain strategic relationships with local partners.
- Act as program focal point for the coordination with the implementing partners.
- Follow up the partners’ workplans and ensure a successful implementation towards achieving the projects’ objectives and targets.
- Provide a continuous review of the partners performance and implementation.
- Review and provide structured feedback on the partners submitted reports.
- Staff management:
- Overall supervision of FSL program staff in Ukraine offices and regularly review work plans and implementation plans to ensure successful implementation of the projects’ activities.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions
- Supervise, train, and coach direct reports by developing clear and time-bound goals and objectives, following up on progress, providing regular and constructive feedback, and conducting performance appraisals, and ensuring the direct reports are applying the same for their own direct reports.
- Ensure that capacity plan is in place and work closely with the HR to ensure training opportunities are identified and utilized (both internal and external) based on the needs.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to Head of Programs and liaising with other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop PAH programs
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- University Degree or equivalent in social work, social science, humanities or other related degree or demonstrate strong comparable work experience in relevant sector
- Minimum of five years of professional experience leading, managing, and implementing emergency response programs in FSL programming in a conflict setting;
- Demonstrated experience in management Food security, agriculture, livestock and value chain programs;
- Good experience in the implementation of cash based response programs.
- Program development experience with a focus on integrated programming.
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of major humanitarian donors particularly BHA,WFP, FAO, UNDP, ECHO, UNOCHA, and other development donors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Fluent English speaking, writing, and comprehension skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently;
- Strong budgeting and budget monitoring skills including a high level of proficiency with MS Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a multicultural team, and a commitment to capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in grant management, budgeting and proposal writing
- Previous experience in partnership with local organization, providing capacity building and coaching and collaborating on project design and implementation.
- Previous experience supervising and managing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
- Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national staff.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
Demonstrated experience of upholding humanitarian principles and actively engaging the most vulnerable communities.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the development of protection programming of PAH;
- Psychological Support Package;
- Competitive salary.
For expatriate Staff, PAH offers the following additional benefits:
- Free accommodation;
- R&R benefit;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment and every 3 months.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your short resume (max.2 pages) and cover letter in English no later than June 19 2023.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.