Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Country Representative to ensure strategic activities and oversee the implementation of humanitarian and development aid programs by identifying sources of financing, conducting PR activities and improving the quality standards of ongoing projects and aid activities.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Madagascar;
Position: Country Representative
Location: Antananarivo with travel to program locations
Job terms: full-time
Type of employment: Full time
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
➢ Lead Mission activities in strategic direction, program quality and growth:
- Set the strategic vision and direction of the country program to serve more people with responsive, high-quality programming, and secure the necessary resources;
- Align programming to the strategic action plan;
- Identify opportunities for appropriate expansion and growth of programs.
➢ Ensure efficient staff performance management and staff development:
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff and lead semi-annual performance reviews;
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development;
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being;
- Support appropriate interventions in response to identified care needs of the mission staff.
➢ Ensure leadership and representation:
- Lead the country program by maintaining open and professional relations with colleagues, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance and resources to enable staff to perform successfully;
- Develop and maintain relations with all stakeholders such as donors, local authorities and other INGOs.
➢ Take primary responsibility for safety and security management on a Mission
- Monitor the security situation in the region and take proper decisions according to PAH internal rules;
- Closely cooperate with Security Officer at the mission level and Security Advisor at the HQ level;
- Keep security, evacuation and contingency plans up-to-date and accessible for the Mission staff.
➢ Ensure effective operational management on the Mission:
- Provide optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness in all functions and operations of the country program;
- Coordinate budget monitoring process;
- Develop, review and update policies and procedures in order to achieve compliance with donor and PAH requirements.
➢ Provide and develop culture of open and constructive communication in the office:
- Ensure healthy and empowering job environment;
- Maintain open communication with staff members, advisors and colleagues in HQ.
- Report to HQ in terms of Mission activities in a timely manner.
➢ Report to HQ in terms of Mission activities in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Management or any other related field required*
- At least 3 years of experience in INGO management/coordination (including security management in complex security situations, human resource management)
- Proven experience in Project Cycle Management and strong project management skills
- Solid experience in representing the organization in front of local authorities as well as international donor agencies
- Previous extensive experience in staff management in the cross-cultural environment required, including capacity building, training and facilitation skills
- Previous experience in the region or conflict/ post-conflict setting highly desirable
- High resilience to stress, ability to work effectively under pressure in a hardship duty station
- Ability to perform and oversee multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Strategic mindset, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Languages: Full proficiency (C1) in spoken and written English and French required, knowledge of local language will be an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office package
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of most vulnerable population in Madagascar
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the development of protection programming of PAH;
- Medical insurance.
- For expatriate Staff, PAH offers the following additional benefits:
- Free accommodation;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployments;
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave;
- Medical insurance (including Emergency Evacuation);
- Psychological Support Package.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your resume and cover letter in English no later than 10 February 2023.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.