What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization. For 25 years, we have been providing relief in emergencies worldwide. We also run missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: Director of the Humanitarian and Aid Department
- Location: Warsaw with regular travels to missions around the world
- Job term: Permanent/Full-time
- Starting date: ASAP
- Reports directly to: the Board
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Strategy building for the whole Humanitarian and Development Aid Department that includes:
- coordination of budget preparation process,
- drafting and implementing operational plans;
- Team management (including remote management) in a complex, multinational environment and matrix structure;
- Representing the organisation in contacts with various stakeholders (including international donors/auditors/governmental officials, media representatives etc.);
- Security management that includes:
- responsibility for the security plans
- managing work in crisis situations in cooperation with the HoM (e.g. emergency evacuation)
- Supporting programme and emergency managers as well as senior management at mission level
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience of senior-level leadership
- Experience in managing teams in multilayers, matric structures in a multinational environment
- Skill in coaching and professional development
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills,
- Willingness to travel to various program sites as needed
- High level of initiative to innovate and lead in remote and resource-limited settings
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Field experience in international relief and development programs
- Experience in drafting security documents and basic knowledge of security rules in the INGO sector
What PAH offers:
- A job starting as soon as possible with a probationary period of 3 months,
- A challenging, exciting and active job in an organisation combining emergency and development work
- Conveniently situated office near Metro Arsenal
- Additional free days
If you are interested please apply by filling in the application form.
The deadline for internal applications: 17 Jan 2019.