Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for a Head of Operations (Somalia)
About PAH in Somalia
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is present in Somalia since 2011 and implements projects in WASH, FSL and Nutrition. We operate through 1 head office and 2 field offices covering areas in Banadiir, Middle Shabelle, Lower Shabelle and Galmuudug. PAH’s current activities in Somalia include:
- provision of safe and sufficient water to the communities in emergency (achieved by rehabilitating crucial water points and increasing capacity of water points) – including Water for Schools component;
- construction of gender-sensitive, emergency latrines in the most populated IDP settlements;
- increasing awareness of hygiene practices among communities, including intensive gender-sensitive hygiene campaigns;
- direct cash transfers to most vulnerable households in the IDPs settlements;
- distribution of Shelter materials and WASH NFIs to IDP households affected by evictions, displacement or natural disasters.
Since the establishment of PAH’s mission in Somalia, we have worked with a variety of partners through a diverse funding portfolio. Partnering with local NGOs, iNGOs, UN agencies, institutional donors, local leaders and regional administrations, PAH has been continuing to provide efficient humanitarian aid. Our projects are funded by ECHO, UNICEF, SHF, Achenova and other donors.
- Position: Head of Operations
- Location: Mogadishu, with travels inside Somalia
- Estimated start date: as soon as possible Position reports to: Head of Mission
- Management of Operations Team (Finance & Accounting, HR & Administration, Logistics);
- Management of operational budget;
- Supervision of the financial and accounting processes in terms of their accuracy;
- Coordination of the logistical, HR and administrative necessities of the mission;
- Providing complete and accurate documentations of all operational processes;
- Solving operational issues reported by stakeholders (HQ, donors, programs);
- Continuous improvement (capacity building) of operational processes;
- Administrative costs management and optimization;
- Contracts management;
- Ensuring operational compliance with internal procedures, donors requirements and local regulations;
- Cooperation with external auditors and supervision bodies;
- Writing monthly/quarterly/annual reports compatible with the guidelines; regular reporting to Head of Mission and HQ;
- Supporting the team when needed.
- Experience on relevant positions (Operations Manager/Director or Finance Manager/Director) preferably in non-government sector;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing operational processes within dynamic and challenging operating environments;
- Proven experience in team management, including different levels of subordination (managers, experts, specialists);
- Good understanding of finance, accounting, procurement and HR procedures is a must;
- Budget management experience;
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Results orientation, strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) will be an asset;
- University degree.
What we offer:
- Friendly and cooperative working atmosphere with comprehensive development possibilities;
- Free accommodation in a shared guest house;
- R&R benefit;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment and every 3 months;
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave;
- Medical insurance (including Emergency Evacuation);
- Psychological Support Package.
How to apply:
Please submit your application here including your CV (max.2 pages), a cover letter in English (max. 1 page), no later than February 3rd .
Please note that only the candidates shortlisted for the next stages of the recruitment will be notified.