Head of Programmes (South Sudan)powrót
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Head of Programmes (HOP) to ensure responsive programme development, implementation and strategical direction in South Sudan.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in South Sudan
Position: Head of Programmes (HOP) – International Position
Position reports to: Country Director
Technical supervisor: Global Head of Programmes
Location: Juba (South Sudan) with travel to program locations
Job terms: full-time
Type of employment: Full time
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- In cooperation with the Country Director, develops a long-term strategy for Programmes on the mission in South Sudan, operationalizes and leads its implementation
- Defines the common approach and standards in PAH Programme and monitors their coherent application across Programmes
- Provide leadership and direction and responsible for timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources enabling synergies in the Programme
- Lead on grant management including proposal development; coordinate and manage proposal writing by identifying sources for Programme financing and funding opportunities, networking with potential donors and partners
- Leads Programme Team, i.e. selects, assesses performance, motivates, establishes supporting relations and develops project staff
- Liaises and engages in cooperation with stakeholders such as donors, institutions, authorities, international and national non-governmental organizations, international organizations (IOs), clusters representing PAH
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Experience in leading and managing WASH, Shelter NFI, FSL, Protection, Education and other humanitarian and recovery programmes (minimum 4 years) within difficult operating environments. Previous working experience in South Sudan is an asset.
- Proven experience in team management (at least 3 years)
- Documented successes in applying for institutional and private funds
- Proven experience in project management (at least 3 years)
- Strong communication skills in culturally diverse environment
- Resourcefulness, initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (at least C1). Good command of Arabic is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
What PAH offer:
- A full time position with first contract signed for 6 months
- Free cost of accommodation in a shared guesthouse in Juba and in the field locations
- R&R benefit
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave per year
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment
- Medical insurance
- Psychological support package
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your resume and cover letter in English no later than June 20th 2023.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.