Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Head of Programmes to provide strategic guidance and leadership to Ukraine Mission programmes.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Ukraine;
Position: Head of Programmes
Location: Kiev with travels to other locations
Type of employment: replacement employment contract
Duration: 12 months
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the program team for the Ukraine mission, including hiring and management of staff, performance reviews, development of supportive relations with subordinates and general project staff development.
- In cooperation with the Country Director and Global Head of Programmes, developing a long-term strategy for programmes on the mission in Ukraine and leading its implementation.
- Identifying new sources of funding, leading needs assessments (initiating and conducting assessments for new projects), designing programmes, developing proposals and negotiating partnerships.
- Programme quality assurance: defining the common approach and standards of projects’ implementation and monitoring their coherent application across programmes; ensuring the lessons learnt and recommendations from the MEAL department are incorporated into new/ongoing programmes.
- Programme Implementation & Coordination: control over the timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources enabling synergies in the programme. Setting up planning tools for projects to be able to monitor overall implementation of strategy and projects (deadlines, budget, indicators).
- Liaising and engaging with stakeholders such as donors, institutions, authorities, international and national non-governmental organizations, and clusters representing PAH.
- Taking part in the launch and planning of new projects across departments.
- Managing programme documentation and assuring its accuracy.
- Managing the common part of the programme budget (program related salaries, trainings, program purchases, etc.).
- Analysing costs and identifying possible cost optimization, when needed in cooperation with other departments.
- Reporting regularly to the Country Director and taking part in the Senior Management Team Meetings.
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Experience in managing programmes (minimum 3 years) within difficult operating environments;
- Proven experience in staff management in cross-cultural environment, including capacity building, training and facilitation skills (at least 5 years);
- Experience in designing and writing proposals for funding and in developing donor relationships (documented successes in applying for institutional funds);
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of most vulnerable population groups in Ukraine.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong results orientation with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets;
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- University degree in relevant field;
- Languages: Full proficiency (C1/C2) in spoken and written English required, knowledge of Ukrainian will be an asset.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the development of protection programming of PAH;
- Competitive salary;
- medical insurance
For expatriate Staff, PAH offers the following additional benefits:
- Free accommodation;
- R&R benefit;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment and every 3 months;
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave;
- Medical insurance (including Emergency Evacuation);
- Psychological Support Package.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your short resume (max.2 pages) and cover letter in English by October 14th 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.