Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. Since 1992, we operated in almost 50 countries, reaching 10,8 million people in need. Currently, we run long – term missions in: South Sudan, Somalia, Kenya, Ukraine, Iraq and Yemen. Our Headquarters are based in Warsaw, Poland. For more information, please refer to: www.pah.org.pl.
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Formalize and organize Knowledge Management department within the organization – in colaboration with programmes department.
- Formulate a knowledge management strategy with Programme Team.
- Develop knowledge management processes and tools to facilitate information sharing.
- Design and implement effective learning activities jointly with Programme Team.
- Develop collaboration with external experts – including Universities, specialized businesses, etc. in order to introduce innovative solutions within PAH programmes globally.
- Manage knowledge sharing events – in collaboration with Programme department, scope and manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events including monthly seminars/ webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions
- Engage partners and learning champions (both internal and external).
- Manage development of database and learning platform to document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented.
- Identify and curate technical content exchange – in collaboration with Programmes team and technical experts, manage and implement project-wide content strategies to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time (and in the right way).
- Update and maintain knowledge bases, take part in the knowledge sharing policy elaboration, cooperate with internal knowledge sharing team to create harmonized system.
- Support development of Programmes department through closed cooperation with all its departments, including: Head of Programmes and program teams on HQ and mission level, Institutional Donor Relations, Education department, Programatic expert’s team.
- Complete other tasks ordered by the supervisor.
- Full proficiency (C1) in spoken and written English required
- Previous experience in a similar role & in humanitarian and development field
- Higher education diploma
- Proficiency in MS Office package
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities
- Advanced data analysis and reporting & networking and presentation skills
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities
- Demonstrated interest and experience in international development
- Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude
We offer a full time position with a probationary period of 3 months and benefit package.
Please submit your application no later than 08/10/2020.
Please note that only the candidates shortlisted for the next stages of the recruitment will be notified.