Manager of Operations (Madagascar)powrót
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Manager of Operations to manage and coordinate support functions of the PAH office to be opened in Madagascar.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Madagascar;
Position: Manager of Operations
Location: Antananarivo with travel to program locations
Job terms: full-time
Type of employment: Full time
Starting date: ASAP
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
- Management of Operations Team (Finance & Accounting, HR & Administration, Logistics);
- Monitoring of the budget implementation;
- Supervision of the financial and accounting processes including reporting, cash flow management and payments in terms of their accuracy and timely manners;
- Coordination of all procurement, logistics and warehousing processes in accordance to PAH standards;
- Supervision of human resources related tasks including recruitment, employment and other staff related matters;
- Supervision of all administration necessities including authorities registration, taxation, rental and maintenance contracting for the local office;
- Providing complete and accurate documentations of all operational processes;
- Solving operational issues reported by stakeholders (Country Representative, HQ, donors, programs);
- Continuous improvement (capacity building) of operational processes;
- Administrative costs management and optimization;
- Contracts management;
- Ensuring operational compliance with internal procedures, donors requirements and local regulations;
- Cooperation with external auditors and supervision bodies;
- Writing monthly/quarterly/annual reports compatible with the guidelines; regular reporting to Country Representative and HQ;
- Supporting the team when needed.
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Experience on relevant positions (Operations Manager, Support functions Manager, Logistics Manager, HR Manager, Administration Manager, Finance Manager) preferably in non-government sector;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing operational processes in dynamic and challenging operating environments;
- Previous experience in staff management in the cross-cultural environment required, including capacity building, training and facilitation skills;
- Proven experience in Project Cycle Management;
- Good understanding of finance, accounting, procurement and HR procedures;
- Budget management experience;
- Results orientation, strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English and French (Malgasy is an asset);
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) will be an asset;
- University degree.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Medical insurance.
For expatriate Staff, PAH offers the following additional benefits:
- Free accommodation;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployments;
- Annual leave of 26 working days and 5 additional days of free leave;
- Medical insurance (including Emergency Evacuation);
- Psychological Support Package.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your resume and cover letter in English no later than March 23th 2023.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.