Meal Manager (Kyiv)powrót
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Ukraine;
Position: MEAL Manager
Job terms: Full time
Type of employment: Full time
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the monitoring, evaluation duties and assist in accountability and learning processes on the mission:
- Lead implementation of the ethical principles in all MEAL processes on the mission;
- Draft and regularly update MEAL work plans on the mission;
- Agree workplan with stakeholders across the organization.
Ensure technical, programmatic or strategic consultancy in MEAL assignments to the program personnel on the mission:
- Provide input to project proposal, review the logframe and the logic of intervention. Review project budget;
- Set up an adequate monitoring and evaluation system applicable for the whole programme(s);
- Ensure implementation of high-quality MEAL process and ensure delivery of adequate MEAL products on the mission;
- Oversee planning, preparation, organizing and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities for all projects (including baseline and end-line surveys, Post Distribution and Post Intervention Monitoring, mid-term and post-project evaluation etc.);
Support internal learning, capacity building and facilitate quality improvement in relation to MEAL data:
- Carry out or assist in training, learning events and contribute to M&E team members’ capacity development, including training for enumerators and M&E officers;
- Share knowledge and experience in MEAL and program-related knowledge based on MEAL activity;
- Promote the Lessons-learnt guidelines and promote internal learning. Share findings from MEAL and help in adapting them.
Verify, consult, participate and assist in establishing appropriate M&E structures and division of roles on the missions. Lead the personnel and teams responsible for MEAL processes, manage personnel in tasks related to MEAL processes:
- Review existing structure dedicated for MEAL. Assess the workload and the number and performance of MEAL employees;
- Recruit or participate in recruitment of personnel dedicated for MEAL processes;
- Manage and supervise MEAL team on the mission. Set objectives for the employees directly supervised;
- Contribute to proposal writing to ensure resources for MEAL tasks/processes.
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, NGOs or civil society. Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection and data analysis tools will be an asset;
- Proven experience in staff management in cross-cultural environment, including capacity building, training and facilitation skills (at least 5 years);
- Knowledge of MS Office package and good skills in using data collection and analysis software (Kobo, SPSS, etc.) is required;
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in English (advanced level, C1);
- Good communication skills in Ukrainian will be an asset;
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis practices and tools;
- University degree in the relevant field (preferably in sociology, international development, international relations, or other)
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the development of protection programming of PAH;
- Psychological Support Package;
- Competitive salary.
For expatriate Staff, PAH offers the following additional benefits:
- Free accommodation;
- R&R benefit;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment and every 3 months.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your short resume (max.2 pages) and cover letter in English no later than April 7 2023.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.