Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Ukraine;
Position: MEAL Manager
Job terms: Full time
Type of employment: Full time
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the monitoring, evaluation duties and assist in accountability and learning processes on the mission:
- Lead implementation of the ethical principles in all MEAL processes on the mission;
- Draft and regularly update MEAL work plans on the mission;
- Agree workplan with stakeholders across the organization.
Ensure technical, programmatic or strategic consultancy in MEAL assignments to the program personnel on the mission:
- Provide input to project proposal, review the logframe and the logic of intervention. Review project budget;
- Set up an adequate monitoring and evaluation system applicable for the whole programme(s);
- Ensure implementation of high-quality MEAL process and ensure delivery of adequate MEAL products on the mission;
- Oversee planning, preparation, organizing and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities for all projects (including baseline and end-line surveys, Post Distribution and Post Intervention Monitoring, mid-term and post-project evaluation etc.);
Support internal learning, capacity building and facilitate quality improvement in relation to MEAL data:
- Carry out or assist in training, learning events and contribute to M&E team members’ capacity development, including training for enumerators and M&E officers;
- Share knowledge and experience in MEAL and program-related knowledge based on MEAL activity;
- Promote the Lessons-learnt guidelines and promote internal learning. Share findings from MEAL and help in adapting them.
Verify, consult, participate and assist in establishing appropriate M&E structures and division of roles on the missions. Lead the personnel and teams responsible for MEAL processes, manage personnel in tasks related to MEAL processes:
- Review existing structure dedicated for MEAL. Assess the workload and the number and performance of MEAL employees;
- Recruit or participate in recruitment of personnel dedicated for MEAL processes;
- Manage and supervise MEAL team on the mission. Set objectives for the employees directly supervised;
- Contribute to proposal writing to ensure resources for MEAL tasks/processes.
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience – preferably in social work, community development, NGOs or civil society. Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection and data analysis tools will be an asset;
- Proven experience in staff management in cross-cultural environment, including capacity building, training and facilitation skills (at least 5 years);
- Knowledge of MS Office package and good skills in using data collection and analysis software (Kobo, SPSS, etc.) is required;
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in English (advanced level, C1);
- Good communication skills in Ukrainian will be an asset;
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis practices and tools;
- University degree in the relevant field (preferably in sociology, international development, international relations, or other)
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the development of protection programming of PAH;
- Psychological Support Package;
- Competitive salary.
For expatriate Staff, PAH offers the following additional benefits:
- Free accommodation;
- R&R benefit;
- Flights home covered at the beginning and at the end of the deployment and every 3 months.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your short resume (max.2 pages) and cover letter in English no later than December 10 2022.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.