PAH in Kenya is looking for a Partnership Manager
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: Partnership Manager
- Location: Kenya
- Contract details: 3 months probation period with possibility of extension
- Starting date: ASAP
What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization employing people who want to make the world a better place. For over 25 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 49 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Shelter, Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Kenya:
Our experience in humanitarian support in Somalia and Southern Sudan, allows us to expand our help and assist Kenya’s growth. In April 2018 we started our work in south-western Kenya in Machakos, Makueni and Kitui counties. To ensure complexity of work, our project corresponds to water accessibility, hygiene promotion, countering the negative climate changes, agriculture entrepreneurship, and production growth.
In collaboration with local specialists, we implement new methods of collecting and treating water, trough building sand barriers, shallow water wells and water tanks in schools. These solutions allow for better utilization and storage of water supplies.
We organize various trainings in project management, leadership, administration, and farming for local agricultural cooperatives. They bring together the most entrepreneurial farmers. Cooperatives are responsible i.a. for managing local water and agricultural production investments. Their members are role models to others living in the village, which contributes to improving livelihood quality of all the people.
We organize training courses in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) for local administrators. The knowledge this course entails can help them to react faster, create action plans and implement solutions to protect environment and prepare local communities for future crises.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Kenya is looking for a new Partnership Manager. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- To work with the humanitarian team, appropriate partner organisations and other actors to develop a comprehensive partnership framework.
- Work with the partner organisations on programme planning and design, and integrate their ideas and objectives into the PAH programme, focusing on supporting partner ideas and strategies where possible
- Carry out a humanitarian partner mapping, working with others in the PAH programme, and to manage and be responsible for a transparent selection process of partners
- Coordinate and control the timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources enabling synergies in the Programme
- Identifies sources for Programme financing and applies for these
- Participating fully in strategic planning in the Humanitarian Programme, contingency plans
- and other programme planning processes, and to ensure that selected humanitarian partners are involved where appropriate
- Ensure that the partners receive adequate support on finance, logistics, HR, reporting and other organisational requirements.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Humanitarian Partner Development process, including reports, budget management and planning
What PAH requires:
- Post Graduate Degree or Degree with equivalent work experience from University/college in Humanitarian Assistance or Capacity Building or any other related area
- Relevant international experience of 7 – 10 years, in humanitarian work with partners, preferably in an international NGO
- Extensive experience in partner capacity development role at senior level
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and standards of programme quality in emergencies
- Thoughtful and enthusiastic internal and/or external ambassador for the organisation’s mission and values; intercultural appreciation; respectful, adaptable and flexible; can work independently as well as in teams
- Documented successes in applying for institutional and private funds
- Strong communication skills in culturally diverse environment
- Excellent communicator with strong written and reporting skills, and an excellent ability to influence verbally to persuade with diplomacy and tact;
- Initiative and motivation to work independently and develop solutions to problems.
- Highly flexible in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (at least C1)
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
- Driving license
What PAH offers:
- A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months,
- Monthly salary calculated based on experience,
- A challenging, exciting and active job in an organization combining emergency and development work,
- Free cost of accommodation on PAH premises.
- Annual leave of 26 working days and days off in lieu of working weekends and holidays
- Flights home covered every 3 months up to approximately 1200 USD,
- Covered insurance costs up to USD 4000 annually.
How to apply:
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than February 29th.
National candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is also open to international candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.