Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contract details: Permanent/Full-time
Starting date: as soon as possible
PAH in Ukraine:
We have been operating in Ukraine since 2014 and in 2015 established a permanent mission there, providing humanitarian aid in the eastern part of Ukraine. One of the mission’s main objectives is to provide help to the civilian victims of the conflict on both sides of the contact line, regardless of their affiliation.
Since the establishment of PAH’s mission in Ukraine, we have worked with diverse funding portfolio. Partnering with local NGOs, iNGOs, UN agencies, institutional donors, and regional administration. PAH is currently implementing the projects with focus on humanitarian assistance, early recovery and development. We have been implementing projects from Protection, FSL, and WASH sectors, funded by Polish MFA, USAID, OFDA, Country-based Pooled Fund, ECHO and other donors.
PAH’s current activities in Ukraine include:
- accurate reaction to protracted humanitarian crisis in Ukraine;
- providing psychosocial support to conflict-affected population;
- strengthening access to social infrastructure and services;
- increasing resilience through mobilizing the communities and their capacity building;
- providing case management for mine victims;
- delivering food and hygiene kits to vulnerable households;
- COVID oriented response to vulnerable households, as well as social and health
PAH activities are carried out with the objective to have a long-term and sustainable impact, and increase communities’ resilience towards the conflict.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Ukraine is looking for a Head of Mission. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- Lead Mission activities in strategic direction, program quality and growth:
- Set the strategic vision and direction of the country program to serve more people with responsive, high quality programming, and secure the necessary resources;
- Align programming to the strategy action plan;
- Identify opportunities for appropriate expansion and growth of programs.
- Ensure efficient staff performance management and staff development:
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff and lead semi-annual performance reviews;
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development;
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being;
- Support appropriate interventions in response to identified care needs of the mission staff.
- Ensure leadership and representation:
- Lead the country program by maintaining open and professional relations with colleagues, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance and resources to enable staff to perform successfully;
- Develop and maintain relations with all stakeholders such as donors, local authorities and other INGOs.
- Take a primary responsibility for a safety and security management on a Mission
- Monitor the security situation in the region and take proper decisions according to PAH internal rules;
- Closely cooperate with Security Officer at the mission level and Security Advisor at the HQ level;
- Keep security, evacuation and contingency plans up-to-date and accessible for the Mission staff.
- Ensure effective operational management on the Mission:
- Provide optimal efficiency and cost-effectiveness in all functions and operations of the country program;
- Coordinate budget monitoring process;
- Develop, review and update policies and procedures in order to achieve compliance with donor and PAH requirements.
- Report to HQ in terms of Mission activities in timely manner.
- Provide and develop culture of open and constructive communication in the office:
- Ensure healthy and empowering job environment;
- Maintain open communication with staff members, advisors and colleagues in HQ.
What PAH requires:
- At least 3 years of experience in INGO management/coordination (including security management in complex security situations, human resource management);
- Proven experience in Project Cycle Management and strong project management skills;
- Extensive team management experience, including different levels of subordination (managers, experts, specialists);
- Experience in representing the organization in front of local authorities as well as international donor agencies;
- Previous experience from the region;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to manage a complex and demanding workload;
- Results orientation, excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- Ukrainian/Russian language is an advantage;
- University degree (education in management will be an asset).
What PAH offers:
- A challenging and exciting job with development possibilities;
- A full-time position with a 3-month trial period;
- Free accommodation, flights home covered every 3 months, 31 days of paid leave, medical insurance (including Emergency Evacuation) and Psychological Support Package if expatriate.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your short resume (max.2 pages), cover letter and application form online (here) no later than February 8th 2021.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.