Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Procurement and Logistics Manager to oversee and monitor the supply chain (procurement and logistics) provision in support of humanitarian efforts in Ukraine.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Ukraine;
Position: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Location: Kyiv with frequent travels in Ukraine where security situation allows
Type of employment: Full time
Duration: 12 months
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, and people cut from basics, working in the sectors of Protection, WASH, MPCA, Food Security and Livelihoods.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to and facilitating implementation of tools in supply chain processes;
- Identify priority areas to improve PAH preparedness and emergency;
- Effective implementation of PAH standard or emergency simplified policies, procedures and systems related to procurement, fleet, asset and warehouse management and in compliance with PAH global standards and applicable donor and country requirements.;
- Establishment of fleet management, ensuring all coordination, movements, and planning of vehicles operated by PAH is properly organized and conducted in accordance to PAH guidelines, policies and procedures;
- Implementation of procurement activities in line with emergency simplified procedures or standard procedures, meeting value for money, transparency and competitiveness;
- Implementation of procurement tracking system for local and international procurement, including regular communication of procurement status to relevant stakeholders;
- Negotiations with suppliers;
- Managing transportation across the border and coordinating with the logistics cluster for related matters;
- Ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost;
- Submitting logistics reports to HQ in a timely manner;
- Providing support in logistics onboardings and trainings;
- Supporting the emergency team, including organizing cargo transport for emergency team;
- Participating in national Logistics Clusters meetings;
- Managing volunteers and logistics officers.
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Master’s degree in Logistics, Transport, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in supply chain in private sector. Experience in supply chain within humanitarian sector is a plus;
- Strong proven knowledge and experience in Supply chain management;
- Experience with capacity building and trainings;
- Team management experience;
- Excellent English language skills (both writing and speaking), at least C1 level;
- Intermediate Ukrainian or Russian language would be a serious asset;
- Good command of Polish language, at least at B1 level, would be an asset;
- Good communication, teamwork and analytical skills;
- Strong computer literacy;
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of most vulnerable population groups in Ukraine.
How to apply
Please fill in your application form online and submit your short resume (max.2 pages) and cover letter in English and no later than 31/08/2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.