We are a non-governmental organization employing people who want to make the world a better place. For over 25 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 49 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Shelter, Nutrition and Education. For more information about Polish Humanitarian Action, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
Because of the constant development of our organization we are currently looking for:
Program- and Humanitarian Aid Coordinator
Location: HQ Warsaw with frequent travels up to (50% of time)
your tasks will include:
Program support for PAH Missions:
- Senior Program Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Control the quality of the projects basing on project reports, reviews and tracking tools,
- Support planning and coordination of any program workshops,
- Support design and review of project proposals,
- Ensure the application of the project cycle management guidelines and standardized tools
- Support preparation of PRMs, ensure they are undertaken and that recommendations are followed,
- Review institutional donor reports for assigned missions.
- Global Program Strategy and Development:
- Provide guidance and expertise in strategic expansion of humanitarian programming,
- Identify and make the relevant links between emergency response, recovery, transition and development,
- Provide support in cross-cutting humanitarian interventions.
- Program Quality Assurance:
- Regularly review program tracking matrix and raise flag in the case of delays,
- Develop specific policies, tools and guidelines for program implementation.
- Short term deployments to provide program support for PAH Missions and emergency interventions.
- Support emergency operations:
- Support emergency response project development.
We are looking for a person who has:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in project cycle management in humanitarian response,
- Documented successes in applying for institutional and private funds, especially for OCHA, OFDA or ECHO,
- Experience in capacity building,
- Strong communication skills in a culturally diverse environment,
- Strong administrative and organizational skills,
- Resourcefulness, initiative,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- At least a C1 proficiency in written and spoken English,
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages,
- Willingness to travel and adjust to non-standard working hours (sometimes weekends when in business trips).
What we offer:
- A challenging, exciting and active job in an organization combining humanitarian, emergency and development work,
- Per diem for each day spent on the mission on top of the salary,
- Work contract and flexible working hours,
- Lack of dress code in our office,
- Location in the center of Warsaw,
- Additional days off during the year,
- Discount for the Multisport card.
How to apply:
If you are interested please complete the online application form by September 20th, 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.