Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a WASH Coordinator to coordinate WASH activities of PAH Mission to Ukraine.
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
- Position: Wash Manager
- Location: Dnipro/Kyiv
- Job terms: Full-time
- Type of job: Employment contract
- Starting date: ASAP
- Duration: 1 year (with a 3-month probation period)
We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines.
- Design and execute all the WASH and other construction related facilities / infrastructures in public institutions and other sites as per project plans.
- Support developing trainings to different stakeholders on any relevant aspects related to WASH
- Assisting in the preparation of the WASH proposals.
- Preparing the activity plan and monitoring and evaluation system for the WASH project
- Analyzing the baseline study data to determine the underlining needs of the beneficiaries
- Coordinate WASH assessments and needs analysis.
- Contributing to contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response as may be required.
- Liaise with the Mission’s program and MEAL team members, and partner-organization and HQ programs team, to ensure timely and high-quality implementation of WASH activities on the Mission;
- Provide support to WASH teams in implementation of all WASH activities, ensuring forms/tools, processes and procedures follow best practices and standards;
- Provide support and strategic advice to Head of Programs Ukraine in planning of WASH programming in Ukraine;
- Provide mentoring and technical support to WASH staff on water supply, sanitation, hygiene promotion and WASH NFIs, ensuring forms/tools, processes and procedures follow best practices and standards;
- Design and conduct WASH capacity building training sessions for the staff, local partners and other stakeholders, when necessary;
- Develop and implement new tools for WASH components concerning activities of PAH;
- Ensure quality contribution to reports submitted to donors or other stakeholders;
- Work closely with the local community to promote good hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Contributing to the preparation of internal and external reports for the NGO and donors, including expenditure plans and situation reports.
- Perform any other task upon the request of Head of Programs Ukraine.
- Representing the organization externally at cluster meetings and internally during coordination meetings.
- Collaborating and coordinating with the government, NGOs, and UN agencies on WASH issues.
- Participating in regional and National level WASH Cluster meetings and other relevant humanitarian coordination meetings.
- Ensuring that all relevant stakeholders have information about the organization’s background, program, objectives, working areas, duration of programs and activities in the field.
- Promoting and reinforcing relationships with National technical authorities in WASH related intervention.
Qualification and skills required:
- Degree or in engineering, management or relevant WASH specializations.
- Degree in above related filed with 3 years of experience in WASH in emergency context.
- Experience in implementing humanitarian programs.
- Being familiar with Auto Cad Software is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (at least upper-intermediate level) and Russian/Ukrainian;
- Computer literacy (good command of excel and word).
- Ability to analyze data and create meaningful analysis;
- Must be able to work independently, with minimum supervision, within the context of a larger team.
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of conflict-affected population in Ukraine.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the development of protection programming of PAH;
- Competitive salary.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
- Short resume (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and work experience;
- Short cover letter;
- Indication of your availability to start your work for PAH;
- Three references.
Closing date for applications is December, 10, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis, and PAH reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
To start the application process, please fill in the online form.